By Angela Noel
June 27, 2018
I sometimes forget, particularly when life gets over-busy with obligations and activity, to revel in little moments of joy. Bringing them to mind helps dig happy pathways in my mind, reinforcing the good like steel girders in the skyscraper of life. Sharing these nuggets of awesomeness are my way of reminding myself to keep delight alive.
You can read former Awesome Nuggets posts collected for you on the new page devoted to these posts. Please feel free to visit it anytime and add your nuggets whenever the spirit moves you.
Here’s the Summertime Edition:
- While I was on a run, a clown car drove by; an actual clown car, painted red, with two clowns in it.
- Unbeknownst to me, my son had selected my husband, his stepdad, as his hero for a class presentation.
- I am no longer afraid of ticks. (Or I should say, I am much LESS afraid.)
- I took a break from social media for a good long while. Inspired by Hayley’s journey about her experience breaking up with her phone, I found a new path and a new relationship to the online world.
- My mom hugs me so tight it often takes my breath away. On her most recent visit, I found myself simply not wanting to let go.
- Paul and I joined my friend Amy and her son Andy for a 5K race, organized by Mile in My Shoes. This organization isn’t trying to end homelessness explicitly, but rather change perceptions and find mutual transformation through running together–partnering those experiencing homelessness with a running mentor. Now that’s cool.
- Speaking of running, Jackson completed his very first 5k in a fundraising race for his elementary school. Motivated to earn the trophy, Jack took off a bit too fast. But with some coaching from Paul he crossed the finish line in good time. He gained some experience in managing adrenaline, and the importance of pacing himself. That kid–how I love him.
- We bought a new trailer and took it camping for it’s maiden voyage. I wrote about it recently, but I didn’t tell you Paul almost singed his eyebrows off trying to get the refrigerator working. However he still has his eyebrows, and that’s awesome.
- Even though I missed my husband and son (both at different camps) in the early part of June, my best good friend, Angela, and I had a fancy dinner and a cocktail. She’s a gem.
- We managed to get free tickets to a summer concert series and saw KT Tunstall and the Barenaked Ladies live at a local amphitheater. The night was perfect–real and truly perfect.
That’s it for this edition of Awesome Nuggets! It’s been a fun summer so far.
Your turn: What have you seen or done lately that brought a smile to your face?